SQL Server Blogs

Voices from the UK SQL Server Community
Welcome to SQL Server Blogs Sign in | Help
in Search

Jorg Klein's Microsoft Business Intelligence Blog [Macaw]

MCTS - I passed the 70-445 exam!

Published Nov 15 2007, 09:12 PM by jorg
Filed under:

Comments

Raja Rajan said:

Hi Klein

Congrats on passing the exam!!!! :) . i am also planning to appear for this exam. any suggestion for me from ur experience?. Also is there any practice test for this exam?

December 12, 2007 4:08 AM

jorg said:

Hi Raja,

I suggest you buy the Training Kit book from MS Press. You can find a link to it above in the blog.

The Training Kit also contains loads of practice tests. If you want more practice tests I advice you to buy the 70-445 certification tool from ExamInside (www.examinside.com)

Good luck :-)

December 13, 2007 1:06 PM

Naga said:

Can any one disclose the questions faced in the exam.

December 21, 2007 6:08 AM

Sunny said:

Hi Klein,

will Studying 70-445 Training Kit be enough to crack the Exam?

Regards

Sunny

December 24, 2007 5:29 PM

jorg said:

Hi Sunny,

If you study the training kit well it should be enough to pass the exam. In the training kit you will find practice labs on the end of each chapter, make sure you do them all. Of course it's also important to do a lot of practise exams.

Good luck!

Jorg

December 25, 2007 1:13 PM

Sunny said:

ya im trying to do the Practise Scenarios but dont know where to find answers or what to do if i get stuck with some question....

December 25, 2007 6:34 PM

jorg said:

Sunny,

There are no answers for the practise scenarios that you will find at the end of each chapter. But I think you don't need answers, the practise scenarios are not difficult because they are hands-on labs style; you will be exactly told what to do.

I do know that you can find some completed solutions in the installation directory of the training kit. I don’t know if you can find all the solutions there tough.

Regards,

Jorg

December 29, 2007 1:31 PM

marian said:

hi Jorg

Congratulations on cracking the exam.

I've got another question: provided you're feeling quite comfortable in 2005 general dev and have pretty strong practical SSIS knowledge however virtualy no experience in SSAS (only theory) and limited SSRS experience;

what chances do u think I've got with this exam?

In other words - is just studing the MS Kit and doing included exercises will be enough?

Cheers

January 4, 2008 8:07 AM

jorg said:

Hi Marian,

I think studying the TK and doing all the included exercises CAN give you enough experience to pass the exam. The exam is really focused on theoretical details, so everybody have to study for it.

When I took the exam I had quite some experience with SSIS and SSAS but not much with SSRS. I scored 100% on SSIS and something like 40% on SSRS.

So experience does, of course, matter.

SSAS is an important part of the exam so I would like to advise you to try and get some practical experience with it first. I think only SSIS experience will not be enough.

I hope this helps you :-)

Jorg

January 7, 2008 7:59 AM

Fahim said:

Hi guys,

I just passed the 70-431 and have been looking into the 70-445 (want to get it done in march).

I don't have much BI Experience ... i do have a lot of SSRS and a fundamental amount of SSIS experience.

I know that Adventurworks has both OLTP and an OLAP databases - are there labs/tutorials out there that leverage the OLAP database for reports, MDX etc.!?

I also noticed that in some of the MOSS 2007 webcasts that they used a Sample Portal, Reporting Service (fully populated with MANY reports) and BI tools in their Sample Portal.  I've searched and searched but can't find this Sample Portal's DBs anywhere - does anyone know if they are available and where to get them!?

Regards,

Fahim.

feemurk@gmail.com

P.S. Sorry Jorg if I've violated blog rules by posting my email.

P.P.S. I have found numerous instructional webcasts out there on all SS2K5 Services - make sure to use them too - it's well worth it to add 10 hours of watchin' videos to your study regimen.

January 8, 2008 12:08 AM