If you encounter this

Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user <MyDomain>/<MyName>, error code 0x5.

When you try and CREATE an ASSEMBLY, you might think well I'm not connected as that user. The user it sqawks about is the database owner.

I run on a laptop and often find myself not connected to the domain (although I can still log in with cached domain credentials). When I create a database the database automatically becomes owened by my domain account so when I then try and create an assembly it sqawks because it can't verify the domain account that owns the database.

The simple way around this is to create a sql user account and change the database owner to that user.

Published Tuesday, November 28, 2006 11:18 AM by simonsabin

Comments

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 7:05 PM by van Man London

# van Man London

CREATE ASSEMBLY Permissions - Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user - Simons SQL Blog

Sunday, November 2, 2014 6:13 AM by dragons world cheats ios

# dragons world cheats ios

Thursday, November 13, 2014 11:27 AM by mah jong set

# mah jong set

Thursday, November 13, 2014 9:49 PM by appliance service

# appliance service

Saturday, November 15, 2014 4:22 AM by For more details, you can visit site

# For more details, you can visit site

Thursday, November 20, 2014 6:39 AM by jamaican mafia 2014