This custom component is used to to add the column name an error occurred in to the data flow in Intergration Services.
This is not compatible with some older versions of the SQL 2005 version. If you have a component that takes 2 inputs then to use this new component you will need to delete the old one and drag the new one from the toolbox.
Installing the component,
- Un Install any previous versions
- Run the setup
- Open VS and load or create a SSIS package
- Open the toolbox, right click and select "Choose items..."
- Select the SSIS Data Flow components tab
- Check the check box next to the enhanced error component
This should now result in the Enhanced Error Component appearing in the toolbox.
To use the component it is simple,
- Open your SSIS package
- Drag the Enhanced error component onto the data flow.
- Attach an error output to it
- Double click on the component
- Select whether you want to have the error column and/or the error description added to the flow.
- Connect the output of the component to a destination or another component
- Run your package.
- If you add or change any columns you have to double click on the component again. This lets the component read the meta data of the package.
This has not had extensive testing with destination components. It is best for use when errors are raised against a single column.Feel free to contact me using the links above with any feedback/bugs/suggestions.
I hope you find it useful please through Paypal