SQL Bits VII
I was very happy to dive in into SQL Bits VII. Several interesting presentations, interesting concepts, advices and most of all interesting people.
Some things actually disturb me.
1. the outlook of all presentations. I would recommend to have standardized outlook of all presentations for each of the presenter. Meaning, to have a general rules of PPT design (fonts, views, etc.), general diagrams, pictures that can be used by everyone (something like techEd introduced as well as SQL PASS).
2. access to presentations and code / samples online (if presenters agree with this as well as SQL Bits agree with this)
3. try to avoid personalized computers settings (online skype messages, email messages, windows settings, windows sizes, etc.). Some of best presenters and presentations by experts (Simon Sabin, Ramesh Meyyappan, Chriss Webb) were having from what i've seen some problems with that. :)
4. maybe some additional reviewing would be welcome.
5. all presenters use same database (when possible). It can be bl***y AdventureWorks2008 or it can be SQLBitsWorks :)
6. I like interactive presentation. one things, for the video or the track, it would be nice when listeners in audiance ask questions, to either (1) to pass them mic or (2) repeat the question for the video.
7. nice polo shirts. would love to have one :)
Otherwise i hope i will be able to prepare something from my side for next SqlBits to see it in reality. I trully love SqlBits, it's really down-to-earth, case-study presentations and everything is based on experience, milage and long hours of code typing.
Can't wait for SqlBits VIII.